US Banks Closed – Happy Thanksgiving!

No analysis today or tomorrow as the US Banks are closed for Thanksgiving (jokingly referred to as Turkey Day because turkey is the traditional meal) and we will be off for the holidays. Many thanks to all of our PipHutters! Enjoy your long weekend and I'll see you Monday!

Thanksgiving Day (Jour de l'Action de grâce in Canadian French) is a national holiday celebrated primarily in the United States and Canada as a day of giving thanks for the blessing of the harvest and of the preceding year. Several other places around the world observe similar celebrations. It is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States and on the second Monday of October in Canada. Thanksgiving has its historical roots in religious and cultural traditions, and has long been celebrated in a secular manner as well. (source: wikipedia)

Happy Thanksgiving!

1. Profile photo of Tuan Dang
    Tuan Dang
    November 28, 2013 at 07:04 Reply

Happy Thanksgiving, Mark and Piphut members (Special Johnny. my friend).

2. Profile photo of Johnny
    November 28, 2013 at 08:19 Reply

Thanks @Tuan. Nice to see you, Been a long time :-) TC & GL.

@Mark – Enjoy! And leave the best part of the turkey for me will ya :-)

3. Profile photo of Johnny
    November 28, 2013 at 14:18 Reply

waited for weeks….But, patience pays…. almost there :-) Lets see if we have to go short around 6375/85 ? Or will we climb up to 6740/50 ? :-) GL

4. Profile photo of Johnny
    November 28, 2013 at 14:22 Reply

November 6, 2013 at 15:50 #26210 REPLY
    PipHut Team

Keymaster
    Happy Pipping! If you have any questions you can get a hold of PipHut Support by emailing support@piphut.com. If you are viewing this in the forum you can also view it in the post page.
    Permalink: Forex Signals – Intramonth Support Bounce

November 6, 2013 at 17:09 #26211 REPLY

Participant
    With you all the way @Mark….We’ve got solid foundation just above the 3500 handle….Lets climb up along this steep and slippery hill :-)
    Remember….! :-) TC&GL

November 4, 2013 at 19:14 #26200 REPLY

Participant
    Does it seem the correction made its re-action and we’re back in action? :-)
    North, to Alaska, way up north… Lets see? Still see G/U to climb the hill upto 6375/80 as final reaching point on my charts :-) Buy ‘m dips (I’d say…) GL (Hi there @Mark….winter is approaching, need wood, lots…to keep the fire burning…Hot summerdays followed by cold lonely winters :-) Bless ya…

5. Profile photo of Johnny
    November 29, 2013 at 17:05 Reply

Finally touch my TP 6375 level coming from way down under and waited for weeks.. but I’ve reached my target and made my profit. :-) Now lets see if we have to Short it way down to 4800 and minus? Or will we fly high to 6740/50 ???
    Let me study on this one for a little while….

Have a GW and GL

6. Profile photo of Johnny
    November 29, 2013 at 17:11 Reply

Back in the E/U pair here now (Leaving g/u for what it is, made some really nice profit in this pair :-),
    Shorting this e/u pair now here from here (3605) back to 3400 in the final end !
    Giving enough room to breath of course… But 3400 will be seen in the days to come (JMV)
    Have a GW & TC.

7. Profile photo of Johnny
    November 29, 2013 at 17:18 Reply

3621 might be the highest score for e/u for the time being? Lets see if its willing to fall? (Think so :-))

Im off for now, enjoying my weekend….but mu triggered e/u trade will be running and looking forward touching its goal at 3400 :-_)) TC and have a good weekend @all

8. Profile photo of Johnny
    November 29, 2013 at 18:45 Reply

Since it seems nobody in here , I ‘ll be ‘hiding’ myself too again for a while….

@Mark, all the best my old friend. Be seeing ya…. I m out for some time again. Busy , very….

TC @Guys and GL

• Profile photo of DDimopoulos
      DDimopoulos
      December 2, 2013 at 10:21 Reply

Glad you think 13400 for EU

I’m currently short on GU at 16420 – any thoughts? (hoping for at least 16300..)
      I am hoping this pair will move down with EU as well, but it seems strong at the moment.
      Regards
      Dimitri

9. Profile photo of PipHut Team
    PipHut Team
    November 29, 2013 at 22:17 Reply

Hey @johnny, I’m not watching the markets today but have a good weekend and hopefully we’ll see you Monday

10. Johnny
    December 2, 2013 at 11:05 Reply

Hi there @D , good to see you. As per my last fridays comments here above. I was not confident enough last friday to turn g/u around and start shorting. thats why, after I touched my tp 6375 target I took my profit and left this pair alone for time being :-) And I jumped on the E/U southbound and shorting this pair now from 3605 with my tp level set on 3400. So far so good :-)

Looks like you are doing fine too with g/u now? Sometimes these pairs are travelling together as you know :-)

GL&TC

11. Profile photo of Johnny
    December 2, 2013 at 11:06 Reply

Johnny
    DECEMBER 1, 2013 AT 18:50 reply Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    Did nt know even Morgan Stanley is following me here at Piphut ??? :-) (Just joking, but…Even they seem to look for some downward move here at present levels :-)) Lets see, lets see…. I am aiming my TP @3400 (for the moment, and see what happens there)
    Wishing a good week ahead…
    EUR/USD Topping Out; Selling Season Begins – Morgan Stanley
    01 DEC 2013 00:30 EST
    By eFXnews.com
    Share on print Print Share on email Email
    Focus of the day:
    “EURUSD is trading at a premium relative to rates and yields. We investigate the reason for this EUR overvaluation and conclude that at current levels EURUSD offers good selling opportunities.
    Several factors work in favour of a weaker EURUSD. The Fed is preparing to exit quantitative easing while the ECB debates measures to ease monetary conditions further. The US has laid the foundation for an investment driven economic rebound, while the lack of credit and fiscal consolidation pressure is likely to keep EMU’s economic performance subdued.
    Hence, we project EURUSD to not only close the current valuation gap; we also expect wider growth differentials to reduce the relative attractiveness of EUR denominated assets, reversing the EUR inflows seen during summer. We expect EURUSD to initially test 1.29 followed by a decline towards 1.24 later next year.
    Positioning is favorable for EURUSD shorts. Real money accounts are running long EUR denominated asset positions on a currency unhedged basis, while the many failed attempts to short the EUR by speculative accounts have made this group of investors cautious. The one-year sum of EMU’s current account, FDI, Equity and Bond net inflows has reached levels where in the past a moderation of inflows has set in, taking the steam out of the EUR advance.
    We believe that EURUSD is now topping out and maintain our newly established bearish strategy.”
    Hans Redeker, Morgan Stanley