ukfitness trades & ideas

Trade journals, examples and tutorials made by CandlePro Users! This is also where you should post your strategy idea to have it commented on by others, and work together to create the best strategies.
Forum rules
THIS FORUM IS IN READ-ONLY MODE! Click the link below to visit our new forum:

http://piphut.com/forex-forum/

Re: ukfitness trades & ideas

Postby ukfitness » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:44 am

Continued...
As the results show the positions were closed prematurely before all targets were hit but I prefer to close in profit rather than give back to the market if I see a correction or reversal approaching.

results 2.png
results 2.png (11 KiB) Viewed 2659 times
resu.png
Last edited by ukfitness on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
ukfitness

Postby ukfitness » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:50 am

Continued...

These post trade charts show that it was the right decision to close at that time because the 2 active pairs reversed & both gave a Triple long signal. I didn't take the long signal on the demo account (because I was writing up this entry)
Spot FX EUR_USD 5 (23-AUG-10).png
Spot FX AUD_USD 5(23-AUG-10).png
ukfitness

Postby adgibson » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:43 pm

Excellent info, UK. I will go back through this until it is obvious to me.

Thanks for sharing. Marks generous spirit is spreading.

ADG :)
adgibson

Postby ukfitness » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:15 pm

Thanx ADG, it's always nice to get some feedback. ;)
ukfitness

Postby ukfitness » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:18 am

1 Hour Triple play
Here is an example of the Triple play on the 1h time frame , I don’t play the 1h Triple but I will try to keep an eye on them.

GU closed below weekly Pivot & is currently +100
Spot FX GBP_USD 1h (24-AUG-10).png

EU closed below support @670 & is currently +10
Spot FX EUR_USD 1h(24-AUG-10).png

AU had rejected sinking resistance & the signal candle closed under weekly Pivot. Currently +45
Spot FX AUD_USD 1h(24-AUG-10).png
ukfitness

Postby ukfitness » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:35 am

Using the CP along with Marks signal.

Here is an example of combining the Piphut signals along with the CP signals.

Marks resistance level to take short scalps from yesterday was 1.2720 (the higher broken purple line) & Marks support level from there was 1.2650 (the lower broken purple line). Any of the CP short signals (red arrows) at or around the resistance level, used with a sensible stop tucked above the resistance level, could have all been profitable & price did finally break down to the 650 support level for +70.

Spot FX EUR_USD mark(24-AUG-10).png
ukfitness

Postby ukfitness » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:13 am

Mondays Double & Triple Play signals.

Here are the charts for yesterday & sticking to the rules would have kept you on the right side of most trades.

I did mention in the Pro chat room at the time that I expected the 12.15 short Triple play to drop & the 3 pairs are currently collectively +295 from that signal (AU +80, EU +70, GU +145)

GU was choppy yesterday but most of the Triple & Double signals paid.
Spot FX GBP_USD tue(24-AUG-10).png

Both of the Short Triples on EU paid very well yesterday. The Triple long was scalp-able for a few pips & most of the doubles the right side of the 21ma all paid.
Spot FX EUR_USD tue(24-AUG-10).png

AU: Most of the Double Plays the right side of the 21ma paid very well yesterday. The Double signal after price had rejected the sinking trendline on the 4h chart paid very well. The Triples did not do so well on this pair yesterday.
Spot FX AUD_USD tue(24-AUG-10).png
ukfitness

Postby ukfitness » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:42 pm

This entry is not about pairs that the CP signals but is to demonstrate the potential power of the Triple Play setup. Someone was asking today in the chat room which other pairs I use for Triple signals & I told them that I also use the JPY pairs. If you have a look at the 15.00 15m candle today on AJ, EJ &GJ you’ll see a very strong Hammer on all 3. This Triple Play signal yielded a possible +260 pips combined. The JPY pairs are very volatile & I only trade very strong set ups like this one t trade them.
Spot FX GBP_JPY (24-AUG-10).png
Spot FX AUD_JPY (24-AUG-10).png
Spot FX EUR_JPY (24-AUG-10).png
ukfitness

Postby ukfitness » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:50 pm

Today’s signals.
The Double & Triple signals today offered some good scalping opportunities but GU had done 100% ATR by 7am this morning so movement was limited most of the day. Once price had found support @374, price was stuck in a channel with 420 as the resistance. The CP gave a long signal after price rejected the earlier low of 374 (forming a double bottom) & price went up to resistance level @470 that was also the 76 fib level from the high & low of the day. The trade was helped by the disastrous US Existing home sales results.
Spot FX GBP_USD (24-AUG-10).png

EU was also caught in a channel most of the day & failed to break support @ 600. The Double & Triple signals were scalp-able but most of them were short & close to support @ 600 so extra caution was needed today. The CP did give a long signal after price rejected 600 support that met criteria (above 21ma RSI & CCI positive) & the US Existing home sales results helped that long reach a possible +90 pips (I didn’t take that trade). Price hit sinking resistance there @ 720 & the next candle was a Triple Play short that offered a possible +30 pips down to the Pivot.
Spot FX EUR_USD (24-AUG-10).png

AU: Most of the Double & Triples worked well on this pair today as long as a sensible stop was used. The 3 Triple Play signals earlier in the session saw price give a possible +60 & the Double Play hanging man rejecting S1 from below paid well down to S2. Price found support at S2 & made its way back up to S1 but the US Existing home sales results caused a nasty spike that would probably have hit any stops.
Spot FX AUD_USD (24-AUG-10).png

Marks CP update was very good today & he rightly stresses that you must have a trading plan when trading so although the Double & Triple signals are good triggers, you must know what you are going to do before you have entered the trade in relation to targets & stop losses.
ukfitness

Postby ukfitness » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:59 am

Wednesday 15m signals

GU: The CP gave a Triple @5am yesterday that was under the Pivot (also under 21ma with CCI & RSI both negative) for a possible +30 pips whaich was double sl. After price rejected 400 (price failed all week to make sustained break of 400)it formed a wedge which I pointed out in the chat room. I advised to expect a nice breakout from the forming wedge & price is currently +150 & at weekly Pivot from the breakout. SL on the trade was -60 (Under the weekly low) with target 1 +50, target 2 +100 & target3 +150. I let this trade play out as these breakouts on Cable usually pay very well. All target hit but letting 3rd lot run with managed stop loss.
The CP did signal entry (after I had mentioned the wedge) with a Double Play that closed outside the wedge @12.30 (1.30 on my chart) but it would have been wise to wait for the breach of the Pivot as the candle closed just under it. There was another opportunity to either add to position or get in the trade if you missed the first entry when price pulled back to test the Pivot & the CP gave 2 consecutive Double long entries.
Spot FX GBP_USD thur (25-AUG-10).png

EU gave a Triple Play @6am that closed below the Pivot but price reversed 2 candles later. It then gave a double above the Pivot followed by a single Hammer signal that rejected the Pivot. Price went straight up to R1 for a possible +60. After price rejected R1, the CP gave a double Play that closed under Marks short level for a possible +55 down to weekly support 1. The best play on EU yesterday was from the 12.45 Triple Play signal that rejected WS1, price shot up to Marks resistance level of 1.2675 (light blue line on chart) for +40 & then retraced to 76 fib from where CP gave a 2 consecutive Double Play signals from where price went +90 to today’s R1.
Spot FX EUR_USDthur (26-AUG-10).png

There was a short Triple @6.am on AU but price was at rising support (15m) & then the CP gave a much more playable double Play signal @7.30 that had rejected the support. From there price went straight up to R1 for a possible +50. The CP then gave a Double Play short from the rejection of R1 & price fell to S1 from there for a possible +110. Someone in the chat room asked it was wise to enter short after the initial trigger at the Pivot & I explained a re-entry technique which I’ll list later). The 15m didn’t give a long signal from the bounce off S1 but the 1h did which I’ll also list)
Spot FX AUD_USD thur(25-AUG-10).png

So to summarise, yesterday was a perfect example of all 3 pairs acting in sync. Both EU & AU rejected WS1 & GU rejected 400 which gave a combined pip count of around +400 pips to this point.
ukfitness

PreviousNext

Return to CandlePro Trading