ukfitness trades & ideas

Trade journals, examples and tutorials made by CandlePro Users! This is also where you should post your strategy idea to have it commented on by others, and work together to create the best strategies.
Forum rules
THIS FORUM IS IN READ-ONLY MODE! Click the link below to visit our new forum:

http://piphut.com/forex-forum/

Re: ukfitness trades & ideas

Postby ukfitness » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:19 am

An example of Marks MA strategy from the CP3 update: Pullback to MA

There was a Double Play signal at 6.45am (point 1) that met all criteria (price closed above uniform ma’s, CCI & RSI positive) that went straight up to R2 to yield a possible +115 pips depending on how you played it.

Point 2 shows price pulling back to the 21ma after a nice run up to R2 & the CP signalled 2 consecutive Double long plays. There were various resistance levels above the entry point but the CP targets were below those & CP targets were hit.

At point 3 price has pulled back to the 21ma from a rejection of 470 resistance & the CP signals 2 consecutive buy signals but price is at weekly Pivot so a buy above that would be the best option. There were too many resistance levels for me to trade this but once price broke the weekly Pivot it went up to R2 for +30 (hitting the CP targets) & then further up to 520 for a possible +80.
Spot FX GBP_USD thur(09-SEP-10).png
ukfitness

Postby ukfitness » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:58 pm

An example of Marks MA strategy from the CP 3 update; Pullback to MA mixed with other CP signals, support & resistance & common sense.

The CP gave a Daily long signal for AU with entry @9171 (with target +172) but this trigger was in the Asian session so I missed that one but was still looking for long positions as there was still potential. When the session started for me, price was under R1 & the next long opportunity came when price pulled back the 21ma & the CP gave 2 long signals on the 15m chart that both closed above R1. The CP had also been giving long signals on the 30m & 1h chart. I took entry above the second 15m CP signal with 3 targets +15 (to lock in profits & move stop to break even) +28 (R2) & +44 (Weekly resistance 1). I listed the targets in the Chat room when I took the trade. Price could break out to the upside towards the CP target as it is currently in a Bullish consolidation but I closed when all targets hit on this trade.
Spot FX AUD_USD thur(09-SEP-10).png

The 30m signals
Spot FX AUD_USD 30(09-SEP-10).png
Spot FX AUD_USD 30(09-SEP-10).png (11.22 KiB) Viewed 7004 times

The 1h signals
Spot FX AUD_USD 1h(09-SEP-10).png
ukfitness

Postby ukfitness » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:35 pm

Here is an example of using the CP smaller time frame signals to enter trades in the direction of the daily CP signal along with S&R & common sense.

The CP gave 2 Daily Long signals for USD/CHF. The 3 inside signal up was 100 on the strength-o-meter & the Bullish Doji was 50. Combined these signals give extra strength to the long bias.
uchf cp.png

By the time my session started price had pulled back to the Pivot from the high in the Asian session (Point 1 on chart). The CP gave a long Bullish Doji signal on the 15m chart (This was also a Harami cross set up= Very Bulish). I traded that signal but closed all positions as targets were hit up to R2 (I closed lot 3 a little early) Price rose all day & there were 2 further chances to buy on CP 15m signals at the green arrows. The screenshot was taken just after the re-entry after pullback to the 21ma
cp2.png
Spot FX USD_CHF 11(10-SEP-10).png
Last edited by ukfitness on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ukfitness

Postby ukfitness » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:38 pm

Continued....

At point 2, price pulled back to the 21ma (pullback to MA method from CP part 3) & another long position was opened & although R3 was only 20 pips away, the stop was under the candle at -10 so 2:1 RR was possible. Price broke R3 easily & went on for a possible +45 where a shooting star signalled a reversal.

In total price rose a possible +130 pips from the original entry signal
Spot FX USD_CHF tt(10-SEP-10).png
Last edited by ukfitness on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ukfitness

Postby ukfitness » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:22 pm

Double & Triple play signals have been thin on the ground on the smaller time frames this week but here are some Double & Triple play signals on the 1h chart for the longer term traders.

The CP Double Play Long signals at point 1 & 2 yielded a possible +150 & +80 respectively. I list the maximum possible pips from entry to the high & it is up to the individual trader on how profits are taken depending on their money management.
The Triple on the 8th (point 3 on chart) signalled a possible +100 pips drop down to 385 support.
Point 4: Cable formed a Harami/Hanging man set up which is a very strong signal. The CP signalled the Hanging man with 100 strength which was a good enough reason to enter a short trade & I mentioned this set up in the chat room at the time. On the next candle the CP signalled as a Double short Play so if not already short in Cable that was another opportunity to enter.
Price went on to hit the CP target of +53 & continued on to 385 support & then dropped to 350 once support was broken with a 4h engulfing bar (GMT+1) that closed below 385 (a possible +110 from the signal up to close of the markets).
Spot FX GBP_USD bb(10-SEP-10).png
Last edited by ukfitness on Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ukfitness

Postby ukfitness » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Here is an example of the CP signals after price has pulled back to the ma, as in the CP 3 guide.

The first signal in the circle (signal 1) on the chart was above the Pivot & had pulled back to the 21ma from a high so this was a valid entry. This signal was never compromised & from there price rose up to WR1 for a possible +34. There was another opportunity to either add to long position or buy in if you had missed the first signal. The Doji at point 2 had met all requirements: pullback to ma after a new high & this also yielded a possible +34 pips up to WR1
Point 3 was not a good entry opportunity in my opinion as the signal bar was too big & WR1 was only +11 pips away & didn’t offer good risk reward. Signal at point 4 should also be ignored because of the time of day 16.45 & again risk reward was not good up to resistance.
Spot FX AUD_USD fff(10-SEP-10).png
ukfitness

Postby ukfitness » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:56 pm

Here is an example of using the CP to enter using Marks daily trade idea.

Mark advised to look for short opportunities at or around 900 & the CP gave a Double Play signal (with AU) at the 900 level followed by a further short signal. Price went on to drop for a possible +60 pips where it then formed a Bullish Harami on the1h chart just above the pivot.
Spot FX EUR_USD 30m(14-SEP-10).png
Last edited by ukfitness on Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ukfitness

Postby ukfitness » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:20 pm

There was a very nice Double play on GU & EU today on the 1h time frame.

EU had formed a Harami Cross just above te pivot (very strong signal) & the CP had given a long signal at the Doji of that formation. A couple of hours later the CP gave a Double Play long for EU as well as GU & Both were valid signals; EU because the formation was just above the Pivot & bias was long for the day & GU because the CP daily signal was Bullish. Also Bias is Bullish on GU because of the rejection rising support & also the rejection of 350 (the 38 fib- see GU trading journal). Both pairs broke resistance levels with ease & at the time of this journal entry, From the CP Double Play signal, EU has risen a possible +180 pip& GU has risen a possible +175 pips.
Spot FX EUR_USD aaa(14-SEP-10).png
Spot FX GBP_USD aaa(14-SEP-10).png
Last edited by ukfitness on Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ukfitness

Postby ukfitness » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:52 pm

Triple Plays

There was a nice Triple play on the15m this morning & although all 3 pairs were profitable, the 2 lower risk entries were GU & then EU.

Although price was under the Pivot & ma's, GU had rejected strong support at 350 which I listed this as a key level in my GU journal at the weekend & a signal at strong support or resistance supersedes indicators. With a stop under the candle at -15 & the Pivot + double zero 400 as target +35 pips away, the risk reward was an acceptable 2:1.Price rose a total of +220 pips from this rejection of key level 350 today

Spot FX GBP_USD 15m(14-SEP-10).png

EU was also a viable trade as price was in an obvious uptrend & was above the Pivot. With a -10 stop & target at @900 resistane, possible gain was +35 so the risk reward was 3:1.
Spot FX EUR_USD 15m(14-SEP-10).png

The AU pair was below the Pivot & the 84ma & price action was messy. With a stop of -10, price did reach a possible +20 from the entry & if taken but a position would have been a near death experience as went -9 from the entry before hitting target.
Spot FX AUD_USD 15m(14-SEP-10).png
Last edited by ukfitness on Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ukfitness

Postby ukfitness » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:50 pm

The Daily CP signal.
This is an example of combining the CP longer time frame signals with support & resistance levels.

This morning the CP gave a daily long signal (Inverted hammer) for GU & although the strength was only 33, combined with the other factors listed in my journal (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54&start=310), it was a very high probability trade. The chart shows yesterdays inverted hammer at rising support & the CP entry price was 15381. The target for the CP signal +212 & is so far +205 from the entry.
GU daily.png
Spot FX GBP_USD daily(14-SEP-10).png
ukfitness

PreviousNext

Return to CandlePro Trading