ukfitness trades & ideas

Trade journals, examples and tutorials made by CandlePro Users! This is also where you should post your strategy idea to have it commented on by others, and work together to create the best strategies.
Forum rules
THIS FORUM IS IN READ-ONLY MODE! Click the link below to visit our new forum:

http://piphut.com/forex-forum/

Re: ukfitness trades & ideas

Postby ukfitness » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:56 pm

:D
Last edited by ukfitness on Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ukfitness

Postby ukfitness » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:37 pm

A fantastic update to the Candlestick Pro.

Mark has modified the CP with a Triple Play & Double Play alerts which helps to spot the set ups & works brilliantly.

Here is one of the first signals from the new Triple play indicator on Friday. In my opinion this was a very strong signal because for all 3 pairs the signal was in the direction of the main trend, all 3 prices were above the daily Pivot & it was in the prime trading time morning window (6am GMT-10GMT) . The results speak for themselves as the CP shows possible max pip gain from the signal over all 3 pairs was +256 pips with max drawdown of -7 pips.
Triple signal.png

Charts below
ukfitness

Postby ukfitness » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:39 pm

Continued....

EU
Spot FX EUR_USD trip(01-OCT-10).png
Spot FX EUR_USD trip(01-OCT-10).png (10.33 KiB) Viewed 12364 times

AU
Spot FX AUD_USD (01-OCT-10).png
Spot FX AUD_USD (01-OCT-10).png (10.1 KiB) Viewed 12364 times

GU
Spot FX GBP_USD trip(01-OCT-10).png
Spot FX GBP_USD trip(01-OCT-10).png (9.94 KiB) Viewed 12364 times
ukfitness

Postby bluemosaic » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:34 am

hi,

Are you still using candlepro? Have missed your great updates/blog!
What have your results been like?
I am focussing on 4h and eod trades
cheers
bluemosaic

Postby ukfitness » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:28 pm

Hi bluemosaic, thank you for your comments. Yes I still use the Candle Pro every day but I have been slow to update the blog. I will make a better effort as you benefit from them.
Kind regards
ukfitness

Postby bluemosaic » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:51 pm

ukfitness wrote:Hi bluemosaic, thank you for your comments. Yes I still use the Candle Pro every day but I have been slow to update the blog. I will make a better effort as you benefit from them.
Kind regards

Many thanks Neil

What have your results been like?
I started using candlepro and had great results . Recently taken a rest from trading but back into it now and intending to ramp up using candlepro with s/r, monthly pivots on 4h and eod

cheers
bluemosaic

Postby ukfitness » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:44 pm

Hi bluemosaic, results are excellent with Candle Pro but as with any tool you have to learn to use it properly. I trade by Candlesticks anyway so for me it's brilliant. :D
ukfitness

Postby bluemosaic » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:48 pm

ukfitness wrote:Hi bluemosaic, results are excellent with Candle Pro but as with any tool you have to learn to use it properly. I trade by Candlesticks anyway so for me it's brilliant. :D

Hi uk,

Thanks for reply. I agree - tool has great potential and I have had good results so far .

Cheers
bluemosaic

Postby ukfitness » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:49 pm

As well as my normal style trading of taking 3 lots per trade, I’ve also been taking more traditional style trades lately by opening 1 lot & setting the target to 2x the stop. This allows time away from the screen.

Here are trades I took yesterday using the CP Triple signal but using only 1 lot per pair. Cable signalled the drop with a 15m Harami & I opened a position there (the circle in the chart) but the next candle was a Triple from the CP & I took further short positions in AU & EU from there. I set the stop losses to above the previous highs & set take profits at twice the stop, so AU’s target was +25 with --12 stop , EU was +60 with -30 stop & Cable was +50 with 25pip stop. 3 lots per pair is not wise in this type of trade because the stops are bigger than normal & trading all 3 pairs at the same time triples your exposure.
Spot FX GBP_USD tue(02-NOV-10).png
Spot FX GBP_USD tue(02-NOV-10).png (8.59 KiB) Viewed 12296 times

The AU pair formed a Harami shooting star at a new high & the CP signalled the Triple Play there.
Spot FX AUD_USD tue (02-NOV-10).png
Spot FX AUD_USD tue (02-NOV-10).png (6.6 KiB) Viewed 12296 times

EU had formed a Dark cloud formation at a new high (circle on chart) & then the CP gave a Triple signal at the 61% fib pullback from the Dark cloud formation.
Spot FX EUR_USD tue(02-NOV-10).png
Spot FX EUR_USD tue(02-NOV-10).png (7.08 KiB) Viewed 12296 times

All the pairs hit targets.
The advantage of set & forget is that there is no stress to trading & it gives time to do other things but the drawback is that once target has been hit the position is closed & so bigger moves can be missed. I think it’s best to trade both styles when appropriate. EU went on to gain a possible total of +70 from the entry & EU went on for a possible total of +115 from the entry GU bounced from support at the target level
ukfitness

Postby ukfitness » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:00 pm

Hi uk,

Thanks for reply. I agree - tool has great potential and I have had good results so far .

Cheers

Hi bluemosaic, I'm glad to hear that you are having success with the CP.
ukfitness

PreviousNext

Return to CandlePro Trading