ukfitness trades & ideas

Trade journals, examples and tutorials made by CandlePro Users! This is also where you should post your strategy idea to have it commented on by others, and work together to create the best strategies.
Forum rules
THIS FORUM IS IN READ-ONLY MODE! Click the link below to visit our new forum:

http://piphut.com/forex-forum/

Re: ukfitness trades & ideas

Postby ukfitness » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 pm

Another example of set & forget trades was today after a CP Double Play on EU & GU. I did take other scalp trades while this was developing but I let it play out.

EU had bounced on rising support forming a Harami Cross (circle on chart) but I had missed that entry because it happened in the Asian session. The CP signalled a Double Play Hammer & this was the better of the 2 pairs to take a long because price was up for the day, above 20ma and above the Pivot.
Spot FX EUR_USD 30m(02-NOV-10).png
Spot FX EUR_USD 30m(02-NOV-10).png (8.63 KiB) Viewed 12745 times

I did take the GU trade also but with a tighter stop. Rather that put it under the low I used the low of the signal candle. I done this as price was weak for the day (under 20ma & under Pivot) but the signal was a Harami at a new low.....my main entry set up. :D
Spot FX GBP_USD tue(02-NOV-10).png
Spot FX GBP_USD tue(02-NOV-10).png (8.37 KiB) Viewed 12745 times

Both pairs hit targets; GU +40 & EU +50
ukfitness

Postby bluemosaic » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:13 pm

ukfitness wrote:
Hi uk,

Thanks for reply. I agree - tool has great potential and I have had good results so far .

Cheers

Hi bluemosaic, I'm glad to hear that you are having success with the CP.

Your posts have been very useful too - thanks for your continued assistance
bluemosaic

Postby ukfitness » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:40 pm

No problem bluemosaic, I'm glad you find the posts helpful. :D
ukfitness

Postby ukfitness » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:04 pm

Here are some nice CP signals I took yesterday on Cable.
I entered the Harami at 7am price 16020 (Stop below formation -20 with targets as normal +20, +40 & +60 or let 3rd lot run) & the CP gave a signal the next bar (3 inside bars) price 16023. The move yielded a possible +140 pips & the CP gave a Double short signal @16140. This dropped to he 61%fib level from the days high & low & was worth a possible +80.
Price formed a Harami at the 61% fib level but I didn't enter there as the move down was so strong. The next bar was a CP Triple play so entry there @16072 same targets. Target 1 hit for +20 but the remaining lots closed out at break even after price rejected 100 & an hour before the big news.
Spot FX GBP_USD thur 4(04-NOV-10).png
Spot FX GBP_USD thur 4(04-NOV-10).png (10.35 KiB) Viewed 12733 times
ukfitness

Postby ukfitness » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:06 pm

Groundhog Day....the 61% fib pays again....

Here are the Cable trades for today so far. The CP gave a Hammer (Dragonfly Doji Harami in my view) signal with entry @118 & I called this in the chat room. Price went up to 16200 for a possible + 60 (I closed a little early on the first entry but re-entered with a 5m scalper set up). When price was at 200 I mentioned in the chat room to look out for a correction. The CP gave a Double short signal just below the 200 @194 which hit a possible +55 down to the 61% Fib level from where it signalled a Double Play long (engulfing bar at previous res level now support very strong signal) with entry @160. Price is currently +135 from that entry & around 300 so a correction is expected. Total today so far if you used single lots taking the valid CP signals is +250 but as I use multi lots the total is a higher.
Spot FX GBP_USD thur 4(04-NOV-10).png
Spot FX GBP_USD thur 4(04-NOV-10).png (8.88 KiB) Viewed 12733 times
ukfitness

Postby ukfitness » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:05 am

Continued....
Price did find resistance at the 300 level as I suspected & formed a Hanging Man Harami. I had mentioned earlier in the week in the chat room that I consider the 2 strongest Harami set ups to be Hanging man/Harami for short positions & Inverted Hammer/Harami for longs. This is because the risk is very low and potential reward very high. A member in the room asked my opinion when price was at 300 & I told the room I was watching the Harami forming on the 30m chart. Once it had completed the CP gave a Hanging Man sell signal & I let the room know that I’d taken a short @296. I took first lot off at +15 & the 2nd lot off at +30 after price had hit bottom of 30m mother bar. Price formed a 4h Harami on one of the other 4h time frames (I use various MT4 H4 charts with different broker times to spot set ups) with bottom of Mother bar target @180 which I mentioned in the room on Friday morning as my trade was still open & I let the 3rd lot run down to there for +110 on the final lot.

I was looking for price to find support & bounce at one of the fib levels to take a long position & it eventually did at the 76% which was also the Target from the 4h Harami & also the Weekly resistance 1. I took a long form that Harami at that rejection & price went up to the 61fib (from previous high 300 & low 170) hitting targets 1 & 2 but 3rd lot was stopped out at break even after forming a Bearish Harami & price spiked down to hit bottom of Mother bar.
Spot FX GBP_USD sun 30m (05-NOV-10).png
ukfitness

Postby ukfitness » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:44 pm

Using the CP signals along with breakouts.

This is a method using the CP to signal a high probability Double or Triple play entry after price has broken out of a pattern such as a triangle etc. Once price has broken support or resistance, you can either enter immediately or wait for a pullback. This all depends on the chart at the time. The red arrows on the chart are the CP Double Play signals.

Cable broke out to the downside this morning & the candle that broke the rising 15m support was a CP Double Play signal so entry @ 16060 stop -30. Price is currently +90 & still running.
Spot FX GBP_USD mon target (22-NOV-10).png

EU broke rising 15m support & the CP gave a Double Play signal after a pullback so entry @ 13742 stop -25. Trade is currently +80 & still running. This was a high probability trade also because price gapped up at the week open & price will normally fill the gap.
Spot FX EUR_USD mon target(22-NOV-10).png

AU broke 15m rising support & CP gave Double Play signal after a pullback so entry @9935 stop -20. Trade is currently +50
Spot FX AUD_USD mon target (22-NOV-10).png
ukfitness

Postby ukfitness » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:22 pm

+200 pips from Candle Pro

Someone was asking how they could get the +200 pips on the 15th December using Candle Pro.....here's how.
The CP daily signal was very strong Bearish so looking out for a good Bear signal from the Candle Pro.
CP Daily.png
CP Daily.png (9.66 KiB) Viewed 12663 times

There was a Bear Triple play at 9.15am on the 15m time frame that Tritan called in the trading room as it completed (the 3 red arrows on the chart) & from there price fell around 220 pips. The bad news for the GBP did help this trade down but the CP had given the entry signal & there was no reason to get out of the trade until it found support at 530.

cp trip.png
cp trip.png (11.35 KiB) Viewed 12663 times
Spot FX GBP_USD cp trip 2(16-DEC-10).png

Candle Pro is a brilliant tool but you need to put the effort in & learn how to use it.
ukfitness

Postby goldeneyes » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:35 am

Hi Ukfitness,

can you please advise if the support n resistance line is draw automatically or you draw manual ?

Thanks n Regards,
Monalisa
goldeneyes

Postby ukfitness » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:21 am

Hi monalisa, the daily Pivot, R1, R2, S1 & S2 are on the chart automatically but the rising support/resistance & patterns such as Triangles etc. are drawn manually. I hope that helps.
Kind regards
ukfitness

PreviousNext

Return to CandlePro Trading