Daily CP filtering

Trade journals, examples and tutorials made by CandlePro Users! This is also where you should post your strategy idea to have it commented on by others, and work together to create the best strategies.
Forum rules
THIS FORUM IS IN READ-ONLY MODE! Click the link below to visit our new forum:

http://piphut.com/forex-forum/

Re: Daily CP filtering

Postby chasev » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:00 pm

candlesurfer wrote:If by super trend you mean the longer term trend, I use a combination of Simple Moving Averages and MACD, just my preference, there are probably other fancy indicators but I like to keep things as simple as poss.
I use 10, 50 and 200 SMA's on the daily charts, looking for all three to be pointing/ sloping up with the 10 above the 50, 50 above the 200 which I interpret as a bullish trend, the opposite for a bearish trend. I then look for trade opportunites /setups where the shorter term 10 day SMA dips in bullish trends to go long if the trend resumes and 10 day SMA rallies within longer term bearish trends to short if the bearish trend resumes.

I was talking about the super trend the thread starter posted in his picture and mentioned.
chasev

Re: Daily CP filtering

Postby candlesurfer » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:00 am

Hi Mark,

Daily candles.

I was asking in the main piphut area (as greggybaby) about timing daily entries using CP as they come out at 00:01 GMT - you suggested keeping an eye on the shorter timeframes to time entries - perhaps the 4hr charts, which would fit nicely with my lifestyle as this corresponds roughly to before work, lunchtime and after work. Sounds good and I am intending to try this out with a demo acc for a while.
candlesurfer

Previous

Return to CandlePro Trading