Workplace Setup

Trade journals, examples and tutorials made by CandlePro Users! This is also where you should post your strategy idea to have it commented on by others, and work together to create the best strategies.
Forum rules
THIS FORUM IS IN READ-ONLY MODE! Click the link below to visit our new forum:

http://piphut.com/forex-forum/

Workplace Setup

Postby ralf » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:12 pm

Hi all, just want to share my workplace CP setup and ask for yours! News are ahead so I have time as I don't enter when there are upcoming significant News.

1. I have one Server for Development with a bigger Screen, there I am running my Charting Software also.

2. I have one Laptop (Toshiba Tecra A9 with 4G RAM) and 3 Screens. To use 3 Screens I have another Hardware to split the signals called TripleHead2Go.

The Laptop Screen I use for all things aside the Trading.
On the right I have one Screen with Realtime News running.
In front I have two Screens right side Dashboard, left side my Trading Window.(Iam not using Metatrader.)
SC_2.JPG
Trade abd Dashboard

Than to my left on the bigger Screen I have the Charting Window.
SC_1.JPG
Chartscreen

CP Setup:

Dashboard Screen:

I have my browser open (I use firefox as it shows the best view and functions for me) and use 5 Tabs, that means for each pair I use one Tab. From the left EURUSD, GBPUSD, than AUDUSD (Mark I think it is better to have the pairs with simila movement side by side) and than USDCHF and USDJPY.
With this setup I just go from TAB to TAB, click on GO! (you have to select the pair for each window) and than I see all relevant NEW Signals under each other, which gives me the "big" picture.

rainsmiley.png
Dashboard

When I see that my rule criterias are all met, I check again the chart, calculate the entry point or wait if other Indicators tell me to wait. Than I place the trade.

Last 5 days I made 115 Pips with the CandlePro on 15 minutes entries although I am totally new with that tool and we had different changes. The Ratio between winners and loosers is 3:1. Best trade duration was between 3 and 7 minutes. The Median of Trade duration was 18 Minutes.

Any questions or better setup? Let me know and share!

Thanks
Ralf
Attached you find my Excel Sheet
ralf

Excel

Postby ralf » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:13 pm

sorry, could not upload more than three atachments...
Attachments
Liste_Signale_Checkliste (14).pdf
(84.33 KiB) Downloaded 962 times
ralf

Return to CandlePro Trading